Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 16 - P90X - Workout 2

Plyos - Ab Ripper X

About half way through I thought I was going to pass out...(whew!!!)

Just showing up is half the battle, boys and girls. I can't even get some guys to do that...(suck wad!)

I am over 3 months into these workouts and my explosiveness has improved SUBSTANTIALLY!

I wish guys who thought that reffing games was a workout would realize this is the best thing for you...(never mind me, if you want, but I am a MAN ON A MISSION!)

1 comment:

  1. Explosive. That is a great description of what plyometrics will do to you. Like I tweeted a couple days back, I worked an impromptu game. "Rookie" or I guess he is "BooBoo" now, didn't show in Cloquet. So I ran down quick and worked.

    Now I know I have only been doing this for a couple months... And I even took a full week and a half off before restarting with the challenge... But Explosive is the only way to describe what my skating had become. I had seemingly unlimited energy in my legs. This after killing myself with L&B and then Kenpo. After my game I did StretchX. Just freaking money.

    This upcoming season will be the first since 2003-2004 that I will have real availability and not just a few fridays and saturdays here and there. The past 5 seasons I have averaged about 25-30 games all season, and that is stretched across NCAA, MSHSL and USA. So yeah, I basically fell off the map. I am looking forward to hockey sason so much. More than I have in a very long time. I am going to be stupid fit, I am going to be able to work a full schedule (80ish games), and I am going to MAKE my goals into reality.

    ReplyDelete