Wednesday, February 17, 2010

JB Olson - HS Var Ref - 2/11/10



0:40 - I switch with my ref partner, because I was "stuck" in that end for some time and needed a change of scenery...i.e. I don't want to be calling one end for too long of a time period.
4:15 - Example of the 5% Club on Icing - I do what 95% of the guys WON'T do.
5:00 - Line Change - Fast Line Change Procedure -- when finished, HUSTLE to your spot (aka the "Dave Hansen Rule").
7:50 - An example of coming off the wall to view play as I trail play up the ice when it's along the same wall I'm on = get the best sight line, get the best angle, work the puck!
8:40 - Example of being at the net when the puck goes in...finishing in the picture...being the last guy out of the zone.



0:45 - Another example of the 5% Club on Icings
5:15 - My Challenge to ALL OF YOU = See every single check, every single stick lift, every single poke check, every single time opposing players take the 'body'...regardless of the level.  THAT'S MY CHALLENGE TO YOU!
7:40 - Another example of 5% Icing club



3:30 - I give a long dissertation on who you should take advice from... talk about my video series "My USA Hockey is Different from Yours".



** I can't remember what I talked about.  Just watch :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment