Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Beckl - Btm C Ref - 2/14/10



1:00 - 2:00 - I talk about keeping your awareness on the 40 players when a puck is shot out of play and then we see a good example of 'pushing the envelope' when it comes to skating backwards.
3:00-ish - We have a MAJOR plus GAME MISCONDUCT for Check from Behind -- Talk about when and what you should say to a bench in these situations.
8:50 - Everyone needs to watch this-- I show a rush where we need to get a sight line on the engagement between opposing players AND get to the net.  Just being even with the puck doesn't cut it.



0:00 - I talk about positioning and how it is a skill that you can constantly work on mastering --- CONSTANTLY.  I also talk about one difference between the 'good' and the 'great'.
4:00 - This is a good example of stepping off the wall to get a sight line on play that is pulling away from you.
5:00 - 10:00 - I simply have an ongoing commentary of lots of sharp officiating by Robert.  Enjoy.



1:45 - You may have to think "dyslexic" at some mid to lower level games (e.g. BC, BB2, Jr Gold B, Jr Gold A, 16U).  For example, always anticipate that a defenseman will mishandle the puck.
3:15 - This is a perfect example of being the last man out of the zone on a goal = 3 P's.
5:00 - I talk about what I tell myself on Power Plays
8:30 -  High Stick the Puck Delay??

No comments:

Post a Comment